Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Non-Fiction Reads


 2013 is coming to an end. There have been so many books that I have read this year that has left an impact on me.  Here are my top three picks:

 




 

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire-June

A powerful account how Jim and Carol Cymbala began their ministry at the Brooklyn Tabernacle in New York.  After reading this wonderful book I was able to go visit the church and it was life changing.  Here is earlier review.
More about Jim Cymbala
Jim Cymbala has been the pastor of The Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than twenty-five years. The author of the best-selling titles Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Faith; and Fresh Power, he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.









 

Sent: How One Ordinary Family Traded the American Dream for God’s Greater Purpose-June

This book follows Hilary Alan and her family on their response to God's calling for them. Even though they were called to a different area I felt connected to them because of my love for missions in Hungary. I cried quite a bit with this one.  Here is a link to my review.
HILARY ALAN, a former public relations professional, is a wife and mother of two children. Hilary and her family moved to Southeast Asia in the aftermath of a tsunami that destroyed villages, homes, businesses, and hundreds of thousands of lives. Today, the Alans continue to advance the work of Christ internationally in their involvement with a church in North Carolina as they prepare for another overseas assignment.
 





 

Where God Finds You by Anita Higman-May

I seem to gravitate toward devotionals because each one is unique and always so meaningful to me.  I’m so glad that I was able to read this devotional.  It’s a fresh and unique look at so many bible stories that I have read for so long.  Here is my review.
 
 More about Anita
 Best-selling and award-winning author, Anita Higman, has over thirty books published (several coauthored) for adults and children. She’s been a Barnes & Noble “Author of the Month” for Houston and has a BA degree, combining speech communication, psychology, and art. Anita loves good movies, exotic teas, and brunch with her friends. To find more about Anita go to her blog at Anita Higman
 
 

 






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment