Saturday, November 23, 2013

An Unforgivable Secret - Review



An Unforgivable Secret by J.E.B. Spredemann is the first of her Amish Secrets series.  If you enjoy reading Amish books you’ll enjoy this one.  I actually was given the audiobook by the author and even though I love books I enjoyed listening to it even more. 

Hannah Stolzfus is a wonderful young person that is betrothed to Christian Glick in this story.  In a moment of uncertainty the future is drastically and forever changed for both of them.  Even though problems arise, can they turn to God for help?  Will they?

I love reading about the Amish.  Their faith and their spirituality in God amazes me.  It shouldn’t but it’s something that I long and strife for, that I am drawn to these stories.  Oh, I know that they struggle with their faith like everyone else and they aren’t perfect, but every time I read about the Amish they are so caring.   An Unforgivable Secret is about that faith and how if we look to God he will turn the ugly to beauty.

As I said I listened to this on Audible and there was so many times that I had to pause it and back up because the tears just kept coming.  Lisa Larsen was a wonderful narrator for this book.  At first I was really listening to see if she changed voices enough where I could keep everyone apart but honestly, by the second chapter I was so engrossed in this story it felt like I was there with them so it was easy keeping everyone apart.   I had said that it would be a couple of weeks before I could do this review but once I started listening I couldn’t put it down until I had finished it.  The story spans over many years of Hannah and Christian.  I enjoyed the different time frames in An Unforgivable Secret.

Thank you to the author for giving us a story of redemption and grace.  This review is my honest opinion about An Unforgivable Secret.  I can’t wait for the next in this series.

More about J.E. B. Spredemann
 
By the grace of God, J.E.B. Spredemann resides in beautiful sunny California and writes Christian fiction. We hope our books uplift you, inspire you, make you laugh, and touch your heart.





 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the book! Thank you for your kind review. I hope you enjoy our other books just as much. :)

    ReplyDelete